Monday, July 28, 2008

This Terrible Heat

Hello all,

Just a little prayer request here. As most of you know and as most of you are experiencing, this brutal 100+ degree heat has been awful. Most of you also know that when the mercury rises, my health goes south. Even with the improvements I've seen, my fibro goes out of control under these conditions.

Right now, it is 5 am and after two pain pills, all of my night medicines that are supposed to make me sleep, not a wink. The pain is off of the charts. My legs, feet, and hands are knotted up, cramping, aching, and in terrible pain.

I don't know if I will ever fully understand how this works, but even when I stay inside in the air conditioning, my body reacts violently to the change in the weather. I told Carrie just the other day, I always talk about how much the heat oppresses me, but I forget every year just how bad it is until it hits.

I'd appreciate your prayers for either some relief in the pain or a break in the weather. (or both!) :-)

On a positive note, God has been blessing our finances of late. No, we aren't rolling in dough, but lets just say for the first time in a long time we can actually see the ends if not actually make them meet! I'm too sick to pastor right now, so we are dependent on our business and keeping kids. It has been a roller coaster at times, but God has been so faithful. We are thankful to Him for His grace and thankful to many of you for your prayers. God bless each of you. Thanks.

Micah

Here are some of our latest pictures:

Dad, do you think we could do something about this hair!!
(click on this one for a closer look, his hair is hilarious!)

If you don't hurry up and feed me, I am going to gnaw my fingers off!

You know Pop, you ought to try these fingers, they aren't half bad!

No comments: