Friday, June 20, 2008

Prayer Request

I hope everyone is still enjoying the blog. Sorry I haven't kept it more up to date the last few weeks. I've been terribly sick and we have been very busy.

On that note, I have a prayer request for all of you. Last Thursday, June 12th I went back to the doctor for the first time in over a year. During the last year, I just went without medication for the most part, suffered, and let it ride. During all of that, my illness has continued to get worse and worse, with seizures often coming 4 to 5 times a day. The pain has become unbearable, the debilitation almost complete. I'm long past my breaking point.

That said, I'm giving the doctors one last chance to make a difference. I have signed on for a years worth of treatment and therapy with the Fybromyalgia and Fatigue Center. They are supposed to be the best of the best. We are going to the office in Fort Worth. The cost for one years treatment will be nearly $10,000.00, no insurance. I'm not asking anyone for money, Mr. MasterCard has taken care of that, I'm only asking for your prayers. As I told the doctor and nurse the other day, this will be my last rodeo. I won't go back for another round of poking and prodding, ginnie pig, and thousands of dollars in medical bills after this one. This is my last go around. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars, wasted countless months and years, taken bottles of pills that made me more sick than the disease, and suffered more than most people will know. I won't do it again. If this doesn't work, I'm done with doctors.

I'm more hopeful this time, than at anytime before this. We were able to spend nearly an hour with the doctor (who ever heard of that!). They take a very holistic whole body approach, using the best of prescription meds and the most effective natural means. They attack the disease at all levels. If this doesn't work, I don't imagine anything will. I've started my regimen, it is intense. I'm not sure how all of these things will make me feel, but I'm in this for the long haul. I'll give it a year, do everything and take everything they throw at me. Please pray it will help, I can't take much more of this. My suffering is unbearable, pain, weakness, fatigue, exhaustion, seizures. There just is no end.

Your prayers are coveted. Thank you all.

Micah

On a better note, Samuel had his two month check up yesterday. He is doing great! He now weighs 11 lbs 8 oz. Now thats my boy! His fat rolls are coming along nicely! :-) Check out the new pics below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro. Micah & Family - What a great site and what a cute baby! I just wanted to let you know that i'm thinking of you all and praying for you. Let me know... James

www.life-house.us
jross@life-house.us