Friday, May 1, 2009

Update, Rumors, and Prayer Requests

Them Mauldin Boys are really hard to beat!
(click on this one to take a closer look)


Update

What a month!!!!

After more trips to Texarkana than I care to count, untold job interviews, house looking till we were sick of it, it FINALLY looks like things are coming together!

I have a job, that I will try to start in the next couple of weeks. I'll be driving back and forth for a couple of weeks (on my days off), but I really need to go ahead and start. Strike one prayer request off your list.

We have a contract on a house! We have agreed to purchase a home at 2218 Grand, on the Arkansas side. It is a nice little house, in great shape. We like it a lot, and hope to close before the end of May. Modify your prayers on this one, just pray everything will go smoothly and quickly!!! :-)

Our house in Denton isn't sold or rented just yet, but we have had a lot of interest and at least one for sure who really wants to rent it. SO, pray a little more on this one. We would like to have some folks to pick from before we commit to a renter, though we like the family who is for sure interested. Of course, a sale would be even better!!!

So what does this all mean? Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, hindrance, hold up, or snafu, we should be in Texarkana by the end of May / first of June! It will be about two months later than we had hoped, but God is on His throne and certainly knows best. Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated!

Rumors

In case you haven't heard, I'm supposed to be dead. The rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated! Apparently a couple of weeks back, somehow / someway, the rumor got around that I had died. If this is dead, it feels pretty darn good!

I don't know a lot of the details, but apparently someone heard that I had died of an overdose of medication. If you only knew how little medication I actually have to take anymore, you might laugh. If the thousands of pills the doctors shoved down me for nearly six years didn't kill me, the tiny amount I take now is beyond laughable! I am down to a single Lyrica (for neuropathy and burning), antibiotics (for Lyme's disease), a booster for my thyroid, and a host of natural supplements and assorted nasty tasting vitamins. I take pain pills every now and again for really bad days or the occasional kidney stone. That's it! Nope, I'm a big big man! The little dab of medicine I take now couldn't even phase me!!! :-)

Life hasn't been this good in so long, I can barely contain myself! I have a great life, a great wife, two great kids, and a hope and looking forward to the future that wasn't even imaginable this time last year! God is good, I'm not dead, and we are moving to T-town (Lord willing)! Just thought you all might like to know! ;-)

Prayer Requests

We have already had so many prayers answered, that I feel selfish asking you to keep praying, but selfish I will be.

Continue to pray for my new job, our new house to close without a hitch (and quickly), and for a renter / buyer for our house here in Denton.

As a new prayer request, pray for our finances. We had set aside enough funds to carry us through April, hoping to be moved by the end of that month. As the weeks have drug on and the prospect of another month in Denton, money is getting tight. Our business is in a protracted slow period, and without starting the new job, things will get tight before this move is over. We have enough money put back for the new house, but every day that goes by, our funds are being eaten away, so your prayers here are sure needed.

As a side note, our central heat and air unit (the air portion) died today. Going to cost us $2,500.00. Right now, I'm typing this in a very hot and muggy house! :-) Going to be next week before the new unit is put in! UGGHH!!! Pray for cool weather through then!!! Seriously, heat takes a toll on me physically with my health, so real prayers are being asked for here! Thanks!

Closing Thoughts

Today, Carrie asked me if my real name wasn't Murphy, of Murphy's law fame! With everything that has seemed to hit us lately, all of the attempts to make this move happen, and so much more, she was beginning to wonder!

For example, three houses we were either trying to buy or were real interested in have been scooped up right out from under us! The one we finally managed to get a contract on, had an offer put in just minutes before we were going to try and make an offer! Carrie was almost in tears! We managed to get the owner on the phone, and he said he hadn't accepted the other offer yet, because he wasn't able to get hold of his wife! We asked if we could see the house again, and I did my best to make him an offer he couldn't refuse! Ok, maybe it wasn't that good of an offer, but we made what we thought was a fair and strong offer, and found out today we got the house!

I have to admit, that was the first GOOD news we have had in a while. This has been an exercise in patience for us. Lots of frustration, hold ups, let downs, almosts, and barriers. There have been those moments, that we have looked at each other and almost find ourselves doubting if we have misread the Lord's will. Through it all, when we relax, step back, and catch our breath, we have been able to either see the Lord's hand in this, see the enemies road blocks, or understood that God has a plan with perfect timing, and more than enough grace to see us through it all. We are confident that God has shown His will, and that is for us to serve Him again in Texarkana. We are coming, quick as we can, ever more certain that God is in this. Can't wait to see you, can't wait to get started doing what we are called to do, can't wait to see what God has in store for us! God is good, all the time!

Love you all,

Micah

PS Samuel had his one year check up the other day. He was 33 inches tall and weighed 27 lbs, 11 oz! Doc said he was in the 95th percentile in weight, and off the charts in height! Based on his current height, and the curve of his growth till now, the chart says he ought to be at least 6'4" tall when he is grown! Where do you think that could come from? :-)

Zachary is already 5'10" or real close to it. He is getting all muscle bound. God help us!!! :-)

Getting my one year check up!
Do you like my baby hospital gown?

Daddy, I did better than this with the chocolate cake!!!

I want this shirt off!!!!!!!!

Ok, I give up, but can I get a name brand shirt???

I'm Baby Sam!
(we ask him where's baby Sam, and he points to himself)
Yes, the boy is a genius!!!!! :-)

Visiting my Granny Bryan at the nursing home!

No comments: