Saturday, May 23, 2009

Delays and Insults

Soon to be our new home in Texarkana!

Well, after my last post I was bombarded with insults! My pictures were goofy, I really DIDN'T look 10 years younger, etc, etc....

I am so insulted I've decided not to move to Texarkana!!!! :-) Just kidding!

In case you didn't realize, the goofy nature of the pictures was INTENTIONAL! I know under normal conditions, I am dashingly handsome (NOT!), but I was going for the goofy look for the fun of it!

Now as for the 10 years younger remark, I'll have you know my lovely wife said that, BEFORE seeing my goofy pictures, so THERE!!!! Her opinion is the ONLY one that matters anyway! :-) Though, a certain sweet senior adult with excellent taste in men said that I was "just a good looking man", without my beard. So there!

After all that, I'll just take my toys and go home! ;-)

All the emails and comments were taken in good fun. Hope you enjoyed my relative transformation!

On the update front, all is going well. In case you haven't heard, I was delayed starting my new job for two weeks. I came in early this past Monday, as planned, only to have to delay my start because my hire packet had not been received by the state. Though I REALLY could have used the money, it did allow me to come back home and continue to help Carrie get ready for the move.

If all goes well, we hope to move this Friday, May 29th! Cross your fingers and say your prayers.

If that all goes as planned, we are planning a first meeting, tentative and introductory for the first Sunday in June. Can't wait!!!! We'll be sending out more detailed information and updates to our email list tomorrow. If you would like to be included on our email list, if for no other reason than being a prayer partner, just let us know. Otherwise, we will include all of those who have for sure signed on, asked to be informed, or our close friends who we know will be praying for us. All prayers are coveted!

We had a yard sale today, not great results, but we were able to thin out the junk. What didn't sell, went to Goodwill!

Our week looks like this:

Sunday - Monday - Packing, packing, and more packing.
Tuesday - Bring Carrie's Mom, Donna, to a Texarkana Nursing home.
Wednesday - Drive back to Denton, still more packing.
Thursday - Pick up the big Uhaul and load it up!
Friday - Moving on back to T-town!

I will (SHOULD) start my new job the following Monday, and we should actually close one day that week. The bank says for sure before the 5th of June. The sellers have graciously allowed us to move our stuff into the house prior to closing. This is a HUGE blessing!

Thanks again for all of your love, prayers, and support! We love you!

Micah

I'm tired of being in this playpen!
I'm using this ladder to get out of here!

Bubba rescued me,
so now I can help the family with the yard sale!

No comments: