Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Face

A relative transformation has taken place. Today, I became 10 years younger! How did I accomplish this amazing feat? Did I have a facelift? Botox? A miracle? Nope! I shaved my beard!

On Monday, May 18th, I go to work for the State of Arkansas, as a corrections officer. You guessed it, they have a no beard policy. So, out came the hedge trimmer and POW! Instantly ten years younger. If you don't believe me, just check out the pictures. I thought it might make for a funny set of pictures seeing me go from furry to baby face. Samuel didn't quite know what to make of his now clean shaven Daddy. He just looked at me funny and rubbed my face. Carrie is the one who says I looked 10 years younger. Of course, she had to throw in the fact that it doesn't mean I now look 27, because with the beard, I looked older than 37! I'm not quite sure what to make of that. According to her, I look like maybe 33 to 35. I guess I'll take that, though that would mean that I looked 45 with the beard! :-(

You be the judge:

Grizzly Adams
Do I really look 45?????? :-)

Hacking down the beard with a hedge trimmer!
Not quite there yet!

Do I look like Tom Selleck?
Carrie said NO and the mustache had to go!!!!

Reverend Baby Face Mauldin
Do I look 10 years younger?
I was wondering, 10 years younger than what exactly? :-)

Thought this would be good for a laugh! This is for you Mrs. R!!!!!! She has been telling me for years to lose the beard! So, as long as I work for ADC, she will get her wish! :-)

The new job is just moving us one step closer to our goals and dreams. I'll stay with my Dad during the week and drive in on my days off till we close on the house and get moved. That shouldn't be more than two or at most three more weeks! I can't wait! Can't wait to see so many of you and get started serving the Lord together in Texarkana.

Pray hard, Satan continues to attack at every turn, he and his minions stand against the Lord and His will. Our God is greater, He is able! Perfect love casteth out all fear! Our God is a God of perfect love! I'll close with these scriptures:

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." Luke 6:26-35

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Romans 8:31

To God be all glory and honor and power!

In His Service,


Micah




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the "10 years younger" comment may have been because of the goofy faces you were making. Can't wait until you get that family moved back here.