Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 1 of Samuel Everett Mauldin's Journey


Is he here yet? Is he here yet? Is he here yet? Is he here yet? Can we eat?



"MICAH, I SOOOO WANT TO HURT YOU RIGHT NOW!!" :-)


Man, what a trip!!!!! (First Picture)

HEY LADY, THAT'S COLD!!!


HELP, THIS FAMILY IS SOOOO STRANGE!!!! or COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN A ROCKEFELLER???? or I'VE SEEN MY DAD'S BANK ACCOUNT, I AM POOR!!!

Take a look at this weight, you will NEVER see it this low again!!
(look at my Dad for crying out loud, that dude is huge!!)

Of course my head is abnormally large, it has to be to hold all of my brain!!!! or Can you imagine passing this noggin???

Man, I hope everyday isn't like this!

One proud, happy, and blessed Daddy (not to mention strikingly handsome!!) :-)

I can't believe I just did this!!!
(Carrie up and smiling just only 31 minutes after delivery!)

I love you, but man did you hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is called a "true knot". It was in his umbilical cord when he was born. Somehow, Samuel had managed to squirm around enough to tie his own cord in a knot. These can be dangerous, but his was fine. Dr. Dooley said knots like these are EXTREMELY rare. Tradition says when a baby is born with a "true knot" he is meant to be a special child. We certainly think so!!

A VERY proud PaPa!!!! (Micah's Dad)

Carrie, Samuel, and Dr. Christina Dooley. A great doctor, we were truly blessed to have her. Hope she forgets where to send the bill!!!!!!! :-)

OOOIIIEEEE, can you believe these people????

YEEEAAAHHHH, finally someone to help mow the lawn!!! or Hey kid, how are you with a weed eater?? (a very happy and in love big brother)

Hey! I just realized my inheritance has been cut in half!!!!!
(Yep, half of nothing is still nothing!!)

What???? You mean I have to help change diapers????

As you can see, we have all had quite an adventure, with Carrie experiencing more of it by far! We are so excited, happy, and thankful for it! We look forward to all that the days ahead hold for us. God is faithful. God is good. Thank you all for your love and prayers. God bless.

I will be posting more pictures and tidbits pretty much every day for a while, so check back as often as you can. Be sure to leave a comment post, so we can know you have been here.

Micah


8 comments:

Stephanie Brush said...

Samuel is so very handsome! Big brother is so grown up! Carrie, I hope you are ready for all this again!! Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Brenda Allums said...

Congrats to ya'll, he is so adorably cute, glad to hear everyone is doing good. Zachary has grown so much. May God bless your new family!!

boothslee said...

Carrie, I love you so much and so happy for you! Samuel is absolutely gorgeous! Mother sends her congrats and love too (they are camping for two weeks).

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy for you all. Zachary - you need to call Autumn about Big Sibling advice. hahaha We love and miss you guys. Carrie - you sure look gorgeous for someone who just gave birth. Micah - get that family down here to see everyone. We love you all! God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one large young-en!

Congrats on the new mouth to feed, he is sure cute.

Let us know if you guys need anything, Memorey knows how to change diapers.

ibeck72 said...

Congratulations! I can't believe Samuel is already here. He sure is handsome. If you need a diaper refresher course, I am a PRO! :) and still practicing. We send our love and best wishes. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you. Samuel is beautiful. Zachary is a handsome young man too. Louis is trying to catch up with him at 5"4 and is also eating us out of a house and home. We miss you guys. We love you! Come see us sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! He IS handsome! Zack is looking very handsome as well. A fine family for sure! It's good to hear from you guys. We will keep little Samuel in our prayers. I'm sure he'll do just fine. He already has a good head start in life being born to such wonderful parents! Take care, Love Jerry, Wendy, and Family <3 <3 <3