Monday, October 1, 2012

The Neglected Blog



 My Two Mini Me's


I've had the urge of late to fire up the old blog again. Outside of a few book reviews, I have not blogged in over a year! Bad blogger, bad blogger!


I'm sitting here trying to think of the things that have happened since my last real blog post. The first thing that comes to mind is that since my last post about my 20th wedding anniversary, I've had my 21st wedding anniversary! :-)






Zachary finished his regular schooling last summer and started at TAMUT last fall. He's currently a sophomore (17 years old) and doing great! He has one full year of college under his belt and is well on his way to getting this third semester out of the way. He has a lovely girlfriend and is now working at Chicken Express. Life is good for the Z miester! He plans to go to Law School after college. That is the plan of the moment anyway!







Samuel is 4 years old now, beautiful, bad, amazing, aggravating, smart as can be, and a teenager in waiting! He's growing up so fast.








My now 10 year battle with Lyme disease continues. I'm actually doing pretty well all things considered. Seizures have been my biggest hurdle this last year but they have quieted a great deal this past month. I'm sitting at seven days seizure free and very thankful for that.

I've moved my computer shop back home and the business continues to do fairly well. It has never been a huge enterprise but it is used of God to meet many of our needs and I'm thankful for it.

New Beginnings Baptist Church is doing very very well! God has blessed us with a number of new families, couples, couples with kids, and several more. Our youth and children's program on Wednesday nights is doing very well. The fellowship is sweet, the unity is beautiful, and the love abounds. I am richly blessed to serve in such a place.


I'm 15 days shy of my 41st birthday. As I reflect on the passage of 41 years, I see so many things I could have and should have done differently but see how God has used all of my life, good decisions, bad decisions, failures, successes, the mountain tops, and the valleys. God wastes nothing in our lives. I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future. God is good all the time. All the time God is good.

I'll try to be more consistent with the blogging. My wife has started a blog. I'll put a link below this line. I can't let her out blog me! ;-)

carrieleighs.blogspot.com

Thanking God daily for all He does in my life. He is my Rock and my Fortress. In Him and Him alone I place my trust.

In His Service,


Micah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now the truth comes out...you don't want me to outblog you! lol! very funny!