Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trip Home and a Prayer Request

I LOVE coming home to Arkansas!!!

We made a flying trip home this past week, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Our good friend Mike Hughes has taken a turn for the worse, with his long battle with cancer. We were able to spend a good bit of time with he and his wonderful wife Linda. They are like family to us, like a second set of parents. He is a Deacon in our last church and she was one of my secretarys. They are both very special to us. We ask your prayers for them.

While in Arkansas, we were able to see my Dad sworn in as Chief Deputy for the new Miller County, Arkansas Sheriff. He will be the number two man in the department. The whole county is excited at this new administration taking over. The last few years have been really bad for the county. The new sheriff, Ron Stovall and his team have many, many years of wisdom and experience. I for one am certain that the Sheriff's office will be transformed for the good. My Dad is a retired Police Lieutenant for the Texarkana, Arkansas Police Department and is the current pastor for Christ Way Church of Texarkana. Here he is with his wonderful wife Candis, just after midnight and his swearing in as Chief Deputy.

Look out all you outlaw's He's back!

All these Grand People are great!
(Samuel and his Grandis)
(My Step-mom Candis is called Grandis by the grand kids!)

This is my Big Pa Pa, he looks like my Daddy,
he is just skinnier, shorter, less hairy, and grayer! :-)

New Year's Day, we were able to go to my Mom's and spend the evening. Zachary and Samuel were able to spend some time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Samuel thought all the attention was pretty darn cool!

Samuel says Grammy Sammy is the Bomb!
My Mom, Grammy Sammy to the kids,
with Zachary, Samuel, Alondra, and Hassavi
Just a tiny portion of her grand crew!

My brother Keith and his wife Veronica.
He drives for Fed Ex and she is a jailer for the Hempstead County Sheriff's Office

My brother and his daughters Alondra and Hassavi
They make me REALLY glad I have sons and not daughters!
They are waaaay too pretty, good luck bro!

Juan Carlos, my brother Keith's son, almost grown!

Zachary and Hassavi sitting in a tree ....... :-)

Samuel LOVES all these cousins!
My baby sister Deanna and her boys, Jordan and Jerry
with Samuel thrown in to boot!

No comments: